Go beyond the typical play-along with "Alfreds Jazz Play-Along" series, an innovative approach to teaching improvisation. Each volume contains parts for C, B-flat, E-flat, and bass clef instruments and includes a sample written-out jazz solo for you to listen to, study, and play.
The included CD offers a demo track, play-along track, and split track functionality, and features a professional rhythm section and horn player to learn the melodies, styles, and sample solos. In addition, the play-along tracks allow a soloist or group to learn and perform with the rhythm section only. Split tracks offer piano, guitar, and bass players the opportunity to perform with the track by dialing in/out left or right stereo channels.
Each tune has specific improvisation tips and suggestions and the sample solo is an invaluable asset that makes learning how to improvise easier. Play-alongs have never been more complete, so collect the entire series!
- Duke Ellington / Irving Mills / Juan Tizol: Caravan (Instrumental)
- Duke Ellington: Prelude to a Kiss
- Billy Strayhorn: Take the "A" Train
- Billy Strayhorn: Chelsea Bridge
- Duke Ellington / Billy Strayhorn: Isfahan (from "Impressions of the Far East Suite")
- Miles Davis: Freddie Freeloader
- Billy Strayhorn: Johnny Come Lately
- Billy Strayhorn: Upper Manhattan Medical Group (a/k/a UMMG)
- Billy Strayhorn: Raincheck