This collection of 12 popular songs for the beginning band is correlated to the Belwin 21st Century Band Method, Levels 1 and 2, but it can also be used with any other recognized beginning band method. Each selection is presented in two ways: The solo arrangement is written so that it can be played as a solo, unison (octaves) ensemble, or full unison band with piano accompaniment or CD accompaniment. The snare and bass drummers play a rhythmical accompaniment part. The band arrangement uses the same rhythms and melodic lines included in the solo arrangement, and, in most cases, even the dynamic levels for the melody lines are the same.
The piano accompaniment in this arrangement is not essential, as the selections can be performed without it.
Enthaltene Titel auf dieser CD:
- All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth, Donald Gardner (composer)
- Augie''s Great Municipal Band and End Credits, John Williams (contributor)
- Eye of the Tiger (from "Rocky III"), Jim Peterik (composer); Frankie Sullivan III (composer)
- Fun, Fun, Fun, Mike Love (composer); Brian Wilson (composer)
- Helena Polka, Jack Bullock (arranger)
- I'm Walkin', Dave Bartholomew (composer); Antoine Domino (composer)
- Linus and Lucy, Vince Guaraldi (composer)
- Sing, Sing, Sing, Louis Prima (composer)
- Star Wars (Main Theme), John Williams (composer)
- Tequila, Chuck Rio (contributor)
- The Rose (from "The Rose"), Amanda McBroom (composer)
- Theme from "Superman", John Williams (composer)